Master Agreement At A Glance
- 5-Year Agreement.
- July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2020.
- Partner District recognizes Norwich Free Academy as an approved designated high school (CT General Statutes Section 10-33).
- Automatic renewal for one additional five (5) year term. Either party may terminate early upon not less than 24 months prior written notice.
- Tuition for all programs established annually by the Board of Trustees with notice to partners no later than February 1.
- General education tuition will be calculated based upon the number of students in attendance from each Partner District, October 1 of the previous academic year. (For example 2016 general education tuition was calculated based upon each Partner District’s student census on Oct. 1, 2015).
- Tuition rates differentiated by general education, special education program, and specialty programs.
- Tuition invoices to partners, on or before Oct. 15 and Feb. 15; partners pay monthly, unless an agreement upon other payment terms.
- Side Letter Regarding Projected Tuition: 2.5% tuition increase for 3 years (2015-16; 2016-17; & 2017-18) based upon NFA’s projections regarding economic conditions and minimum student enrollment.
Chart below represents a 2.5 % increase in tuition rates between 2014-15 and 2015-16*
|General Education||$11, 684||$11,972|
*Norwich Public Schools receives a $200/per student discount for municipal services (approximately $300,000 in 2016-17). NFA doubled the discount ($100 to $200) as part of the negotiation of the new Master Agreement which began on July 1, 2015.
1. A midyear invoice adjustment ensures that partners are accurately billed for students attending and for the specific programs in which they are enrolled. This change from the previous practice of invoicing based upon the Oct. 1 census only is more fair and accurate for partners.
2. Feb. 1 program tuition notice allows certainty in the budgeting process for partners.
3. Side Letter indicates a per capita tuition increase for all NFA programs over the prior year’s per student tuition in the amount of 2.5% for2015-16; 2016-17; 2017-2018