Today's NFA student body is diverse.
Students represent more than 33 different primary languages spoken at home as well as 272 students (11.6%) born outside of the United States, representing about 30 different countries. The student population is 1.5% American Indian, 7.8% Asian, 16.6%, Black, 53.8% Caucasian, 15.6% Hispanic, .6% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander and 4.2% other.
At NFA, International Students do very well.
100% of NFA’s International Graduates Enroll Immediately In College.
Arizona State University, Art Center College of Design, Bard College, Berklee College of Music, Binghamton University, Boston University , Brandeis University, Bryant University , California College of Arts , Case Western Reserve University, Champlain College, Clark University , Colby College, Columbia College - Chicago, DePaul University, Drexel University, Emerson College. Florida International University, Fordham University, George Mason University, George Washington University , Hamilton College ,Indiana University at Bloomington , James Madison University, John Hopkins University, Lesley University, Long Island University, Maryland Institute College of Art, Miami University – Ohio, Michigan State University, New York University, Nichols College, Northeastern University, Oberlin College, Oberlin Conservatory of Music , Oregon State University, Pennsylvania State University , Pepperdine University, Pratt Institute, Quinnipiac University, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rutgers University , San Diego State University, Savannah College of Art and Design , School of Art Institute in Chicago, School of Visual Arts, Seattle University , Skidmore College, Stevens Institute of Technology, Stony Brook University, Syracuse University, Temple University, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Los Angeles, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, University at Buffalo , University of Alabama, University of British Columbia , University of Cincinnati, University of Colorado- Boulder, University of Connecticut, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of Iowa, University of Mary Washington , University of Maryland, College Park, University of Massachusetts- Amherst , University of New Hampshire, University of Rochester, University of San Francisco , University of Southern California, University of Toronto, University of Vermont, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin, Wake Forest University, Wellesley College
Programs and Highlights
- Visual & Performing Arts Program and Slater Museum -- the hub of an outstanding nationally recognized arts program with 80 courses in arts,theater, vocal & instrumental music, and dance
- 17 Advanced Placement Courses
- 31 Dual Enrollment Courses offering college credit
- World Languages- American Sign Language, Chinese, French, Greek, Italian, Latin, Spanish
- English Learner Program for non-native speakers
- 35 Sports with 70 interscholastic varsity, junior varsity, and freshmen teams
- 70+ After-school clubs and Activities
- Average Class Size: 22
- Student-Teacher Ratio 1:15
- Professional, Certified, and Experienced Faculty and Staff
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges