Today's NFA student body is diverse.
Students represent more than 33 different primary languages spoken at home as well as 272 students (11.6%) born outside of the United States, representing about 30 different countries. The student population is 1.5% American Indian, 7.8% Asian, 16.6%, Black, 53.8% Caucasian, 15.6% Hispanic, .6% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander and 4.2% other.
At NFA, International Students do very well.
100% of NFA’s International Graduates Enroll Immediately In College.
Programs and Highlights
- Visual & Performing Arts Program and Slater Museum -- the hub of an outstanding nationally recognized arts program with 80 courses in arts,theater, vocal & instrumental music, and dance
- 17 Advanced Placement Courses
- 31 Dual Enrollment Courses offering college credit
- World Languages- American Sign Language, Chinese, French, Greek, Italian, Latin, Spanish
- English Learner Program for non-native speakers
- 35 Sports with 70 interscholastic varsity, junior varsity, and freshmen teams
- 70+ After-school clubs and Activities
- Average Class Size: 22
- Student-Teacher Ratio 1:15
- Professional, Certified, and Experienced Faculty and Staff
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges