Skip To Main Content
Storm Update and Next Steps
Good evening,
I would first like to thank you for your patience and understanding this morning as we transitioned from a two-hour delay to a full school closure. I know the timing wasn’t perfect as it relates to some of our students and staff, but we moved as quickly as possible following guidance from city emergency management officials. The safety of all was the priority. 
Secondly, I know some of you have been impacted by this storm more than others, and I hope that, as the day went on, you were able to recover as much as possible from this historic event. I also know that some of you were given even more of a challenge when officials enacted a mandatory evacuation order due to the nature of the dam breach north of us on the Yantic River. 
Now that the city has rescinded that evacuation order and families are able to return to their homes, I want to provide you with an update regarding our plan for tomorrow, Thursday, January 11. I have been in regular contact with city officials, school officials and emergency management officials. Based on those conversations and the lifting of the evacuation order, our plan is to have a full day of school tomorrow. If the situation changes in any way, we will make notification through our usual channels.
While I hope we are able to proceed with as normal a day as possible, I also realize today’s events may cause continued disruption for some families. If we as a school community are able to assist in any way, the best place to start a conversation is always with your student’s school counselor. 
Thank you again for your patience and cooperation. I hope this provides clarity surrounding Thursday, and I hope all of you are able to move past challenges presented today.
HOS Dr. Nathan Quesnel's signature
Dr. Nathan Quesnel
Head of School/Superintendent