The deadline to order your 2019 NFA Yearbook is March 20, 2019. Don't miss out! Go to nfaschool.org/yearbook or see Mrs. Fitzgerald in room 7223, Tirrell. There will not be books to available once the order has been placed.
Write 4 Rights
Amnesty International is hosting a Write 4 Rights activity after school today in the Beech Tree Lounge in Latham. Come and learn about International Women's Day.
Library Saturday Hours
The Library will be open this Saturday, March 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
2019 Manwaring Prize
Awarded to a boy and girl in recognition of excellence in an essay pertaining to progress and development or to the history of Norwich. The topic for 2019 is "The Revival of Downtown Norwich." Submit an essay on the assigned topic, typed and double-spaced, of no more than 1,000 words, with a bibliography to Mrs. Soucy (Room 2102), Ms. Donahue (Room 7102) or Mrs. Andros (Sachem) by Tue., April 23.
Nite Flight Basketball League
Begins April 3. Sign up by April 1. See Mr. Brown in the gym for paperwork.
5 p.m., Wed., March 20, Cafeteria - Choose a hand made bowl and delicious soup from the Brickview for just $10 per person! Menu includes Chicken Tortilla (gluten-free); Broccoli Cheddar (Vegetarian); Cheeseburger (nothing healthy about this choice!); and Pasta Fagioli (Vegetarian, Dairy Free).
Tuesday Morning Homeroom Broadcast
The Announcer's Club invites any student, interested in learning how the Tuesday morning homeroom TV show is created, to visit the TV Studio, to watch how a recording of the show is put together. Learn how to anchor, produce, or direct. Please stop by, 2:20 p.m., Monday, March 4, room 7223, Tirrell. Questions: stop by room 7223 or email Mrs. Fitzgerald firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smiles on the Move
Smiles on the Move Dental Clinic will be on campus April 2-4. Visit the Medical Center to sign-up for a dental appointment. Registration forms must be returned to the Medical Center by March 25. Questions? Stop by the Medical Center.
Any girls interested in outdoor track please see Coach K in room 4034 before March 11.
Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship
The Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship is now open for submissions. Students may submit an original creative work - written word, performance of a dramatic or musical piece, or works of visual art. For more information and application instructions, click HERE. Submission deadline: Fri., April 5.
- Reading Buddy volunteers needed during C1 on Mondays and E1 on Thursdays. Volunteers go to the elementary school and read and mentor students in K thru 4 grade. Sign up with Mrs. Savage in 7101.
- Runners needed during study halls - all channels. Students still will have time to study and get work done while as performing a community service on campus. A great opportunity for those that do not have time to volunteer after school or on the weekends. See Mrs. Savage in room 7101 for more information.
Career Resource Center
For more information on these events and opportunities contact Mrs. Lauzier in the CRC (1102) or email email@example.com.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Dime Bank Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship (March 22 deadline)
- Saint Anthony's Chapel Scholarship: Scholarship varies (April 8 deadline)
- Chelsea Groton Bank Scholarship: $500 scholarship (April 15 deadline)
- Norwich Rotary Scholarships: $1000 and $500 scholarships (May 1)
- American Legion CT State Police Youth Week Scholarship - a law enforcement practicum for 11th-graders, July 28 - August 3. The program provides realistic experience and affords individuals considering a law enforcement career the opportunity to gain knowledge of the professional life of a police officer. Apply in the CRC.
- Three Rivers will be on campus, Fri., Mar. 15 during D channel to discuss their Accounting, Business and Marketing, and Computer Science Programs. See Mrs. Lauzier in the Career Resource Center for a pass.
Participation in the June graduation ceremony requires the wearing of the traditional cap, gown, and tassel. The cost of your graduation cap and gown ($29) has been added to your Power School account. Payment must be made by April 1, 2019. You may bring payment to Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw Office at any time before April 1. Payment may be made by cash, money order, or check payable to NFA. Students on free or reduced lunch may see their guidance counselors for financial assistance.
FOR SENIORS ONLY- FREE Dining in the Brickview
Check in with Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw House Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays before 10 a.m.
You can not sign up other students, and you can not make a reservation for a future date.
Questions? Email Mrs. Farinha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel with People to People to Italy, Austria, Hungary & Croatia, July 2020. See Ms. Serra in Bradlaw 8105 for information, or email email@example.com
Thu., Mar. 7
- Italian Club: 2:15 p.m. - Room 7231.
- Announcers Club: 2:20 p.m. - Room 7223.
- French Club: 2:20 p.m. - Room 7123.
Mon., Mar. 11
- Spanish Honor Society: 2:20 p.m. - Room 7336.
Wed., Mar. 13
- Equestrian Club: 2:15 p.m. - Room 8012.
Athletics: To view the athletics schedule visit nfawildcats.org
Distracted Driving Simulator: Open to students during lunch, Tue., Mar. 12 - Slater A (room behind Slater Auditorium)
Empty Bowls: 5 p.m., Wed., March 20, Cafeteria. (See above)
Fashion Show: 6:30 p.m., Fri., Mar. 29 - Slater Auditorium.