Distracted Driving Simulator
1 out of every 4 car accidents is caused by texting and driving. Don't be a statistic, learn more about the dangers of texting by test driving a Distracted Driving Simulator. The Save A Life program will have the simulators on campus TODAY, Tuesday, March 12th, during B and C channels in Slater A. Come during your lunch or ask your study hall teacher for a pass to go.
The Interact Club is showing two documentaries on the global water crisis including Flint Michigan, 2:20 p.m., Tue., Mar. 12. Food will be provided. See Mrs. Savage with questions.
Questions: Contact Ms. Caldeira at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Session, 2:30-3 p.m., Wed. March 13, Dance Studio
- Auditions 2:30 p.m., Mon. March 25, Dance Studio
- Callbacks, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Fri., March 29, Dance Studio
Free Dinner is available from 4 - 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, in the Back Cafeteria for all NFA students age 18 and younger. See the menu for March HERE.
The deadline to order your 2019 NFA Yearbook is March 20, 2019. Don't miss out! Go to nfaschool.org/yearbook or see Mrs. Fitzgerald in room 7223, Tirrell. There will not be books to available once the order has been placed.
Nite Flight Basketball League
Begins April 3. Sign up by April 1. See Mr. Brown in the gym for paperwork.
5 p.m., Wed., March 20, Cafeteria - Choose a hand made bowl and delicious soup from the Brickview for just $10 per person! Menu includes Chicken Tortilla (gluten-free); Broccoli Cheddar (Vegetarian); Cheeseburger (nothing healthy about this choice!); and Pasta Fagioli (Vegetarian, Dairy Free).
No One Achieves Greatness Alone
A presentation by former NFL player Jeff Hatch on his journey of substance abuse and the road to recovery. 6 p.m., Monday, March 25 - Slater Auditorium. Sponsored by the Norwich Free Academy Prevention Council and the Uncas Health District. Questions? Contact Brittany Grabill at 860-823-1189 x116 or Jodi Savage at 860-425-5643. This is a FREE event.
Student-athletes are invited to a presentation by Jeff Hatch during the school day. See Mrs. Savage to RSVP.
Smiles on the Move
Smiles on the Move Dental Clinic will be on campus April 2-4. Visit the Medical Center to sign-up for a dental appointment. Registration forms must be returned to the Medical Center by March 25. Questions? Stop by the Medical Center.
Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship
The Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship is now open for submissions. Students may submit an original creative work - written word, performance of a dramatic or musical piece, or works of visual art. For more information and application instructions, click HERE. Submission deadline: Fri., April 5.
- Reading Buddy volunteers needed during C1 on Mondays and E1 on Thursdays. Volunteers go to the elementary school and read and mentor students in K thru 4 grade. Sign up with Mrs. Savage in 7101.
- Runners needed during study halls - all channels. Students still will have time to study and get work done while as performing a community service on campus. See Mrs. Savage in room 7101 for more information.
Career Resource Center
For more information on these events and opportunities contact Mrs. Lauzier in the CRC (1102) or email email@example.com.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Dime Bank Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship (March 22 deadline)
- Saint Anthony's Chapel Scholarship: Scholarship varies (April 8 deadline)
- Chelsea Groton Bank Scholarship: $500 scholarship (April 15 deadline)
- Norwich Rotary Scholarships: $1000 and $500 scholarships (May 1)
- American Legion CT State Police Youth Week Scholarship - a law enforcement practicum for 11th-graders, July 28 - August 3. The program provides realistic experience and affords individuals considering a law enforcement career the opportunity to gain knowledge of the professional life of a police officer.
- Three Rivers - Fri., Mar. 15 D channel - info on Accounting, Business and Marketing, and Computer Science Programs.
Participation in the June graduation ceremony requires the wearing of the traditional cap, gown, and tassel. The cost of your graduation cap and gown ($29) has been added to your Power School account. Payment must be made by April 1, 2019. You may bring payment to Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw Office at any time before April 1. Payment may be made by cash, money order, or check payable to NFA. Students on free or reduced lunch may see their guidance counselors for financial assistance.
FOR SENIORS ONLY- FREE Dining in the Brickview
Check in with Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw House Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays before 10 a.m.
You can not sign up other students, and you can not make a reservation for a future date.
Questions? Email Mrs. Farinha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel with People to People to Italy, Austria, Hungary & Croatia, July 2020. See Ms. Serra in Bradlaw 8105 for information, or email email@example.com
Tue., Mar. 12
- Italian Club: 2:15 p.m. - Room 7231.
- Student Art Association: 2:20 p.m. - Frank Center Student Gallery.
- Unified Club: 2:20 p.m. - Ensemble Room
Wed., Mar. 13
- Equestrian Club: 2:15 p.m. - Room 8012.
Thu., Mar. 14
- Photography Club: 2:20 p.m. - Room 8239.
- Fashion Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 4030.
Athletics: To view the athletics schedule visit nfawildcats.org
Distracted Driving Simulator: Open to students during lunch, Tue., Mar. 12 - Slater A (room behind Slater Auditorium)
SAB Blood Drive: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m., Tue., Mar. 19.
Empty Bowls: 5 p.m., Wed., Mar. 20, Cafeteria (see above).
Mr. NFA: 7 p.m., Thu., Mar. 21 - Slater Auditorium.
No One Achieves Greatness Alone: 6 p.m., Mon., March 25 - Slater Auditorium (see above).
Fashion Show: 6:30 p.m., Fri., Mar. 29 - Slater Auditorium.