Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship
The Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship is now open for submissions. The recipient will be selected through a submission of an original creative work highlighting the student’s artistic ability through written word, performance of a dramatic or musical piece, or works of visual art. For more information and application instructions, click HERE. Submission deadline: Fri., April 5.
Exploring Opportunities & 2019-20 Course Registration
Exploring Opportunities Day is TODAY. Exploring Opportunities information is available on your MyNFA>Student Portal Dashboard.
Week 4 of Saturday Academy continues this Saturday, Feb., 9. Report to Shattuck Lobby by 8 a.m. for hot chocolate and donuts.
Participation in the June graduation ceremony requires the wearing of the traditional cap, gown, and tassel. The cost of your graduation cap and gown has been added to your Power School account in the amount of $29. Payment must be made by April 1, 2019. You may bring payment to Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw Office at any time before April 1. Payment may be made by cash, money order, or check payable to NFA. Students on free or reduced lunch may see their guidance counselors for financial assistance.
Winter Spirit Week is Coming
Lots of fun for all -- a building contest and a twist to raise awareness of social issues -- Begin planning your participation now!
- Building Activity: Decorate Your House Office (money to winning class)
- Monday - Pajama Day
- Tuesday - “Awareness Day”
- Grade 9 - Green (Mental Health)
- Grade 10 - Blue (Foster Care)
- Grade 11 - White (Bone Disease)
- Grade 12 - Black (Melanoma)
- Wednesday - Sports Day (any team, sport, athlete)
- Thursday - Character Day (individual or groups)
- Friday - Red and White Day
Chinese New Year
Celebrate the Year of the Pig with traditional music, food, games and activities. Email ACC or NCHS president, Denial Chong Cuy, at email@example.com, or Michelle Loo, at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP to attend or perform. Include your first and last name. Or stop by Tirrell Room 7201 second floor to sign up.
Love Bites: Valentine's Day Cookie Fundraiser
Valentine’s Day is Feb. 14. Send a special someone a sweet treat. The Class of 2019 sponsors the twelfth annual “Love Bites” event.
Two chocolate chip cookies delivered with your personal message on the morning of Feb. 14.
Cost: $1each. On sale in the cafeteria, Mon.-Fri., Feb. 4-8.
Valentine's Day Wooden Roses
GSA will be selling wooden roses in the cafeteria Thu., Feb. 7 through Thu., Feb. 14. Valentine's Day delivery available. $1 for 1 or 6 for $5. See Ms. Serra in 8105 with any questions.
Valentine's Day Goody Bags
Beginning today, the French Club will be selling goody bags for Valentine's Day. The heart-covered bags contain a teddy bear, lollipops and Hershey's kisses. Bags are $3 each, proceeds benefit the French Club. Purchase in room 7123, the cafeteria, or from the president of the French Club, Sandra Chen. For sale through Valentine's day
NFA Class of 2021 Madden Tournament Fundraiser
3-6:30 p.m., Fri., Feb. 8. $10 per person to enter. Open to all students. For more information and to download the registration form click HERE. For tournament rules click HERE. Today is the last to register!
Student Art Juried Show
Student Art Association is hosting a juried art show. Open to all NFA students. Original artwork only. All mediums welcome. Artwork must be delivered to room 8226 by Tue., Feb. 12. Prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Mountain Bike Club Demo
Wed., Feb. 13 during all lunch waves in the back cafeteria. Try the biking simulator and get more info about the new mountain bike club. Contact Mrs. Croteau at email@example.com or visit her in the library at any time for more information.
To apply, send 3 poems to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8, 2019. A panel of judges will then select the winner, who will represent NFA at a Poetry Workshop at the Arts Cafe Mystic and receive $100.
Annual Historically Black College Tour
April 14-19 (Spring Break). Open to all students - accepting applications until filled.
Visit Howard University, Morgan State, NC A&T State, Winston Salem State, Shaw University and UNC (Chapel Hill).
Cost - $325 (includes transportation and hotels.) $100 deposit required. Visit the Diversity Department for an application and more information.
Career Resource Center
For more information on these events and opportunities contact Mrs. Lauzier in the CRC (1102) or email email@example.com.
- Resume Writing Workshop
- Wed., Feb. 6: F and G Channels
- Fri., Feb. 8: C, D, and E Channels
- Scholarship Opportunities
- 2019 New England Red Sox Service Scholarship Program: $1,000 scholarship (Feb. 8 deadline)
- Covanta SECONN Scholarship: $1,000 scholarship for seniors planning to enter Engineering or Environmental Studies (March 15 deadline)
- Dime Bank Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship (March 22 deadline)
- Saint Anthony's Chapel Scholarship: Scholarship varies (April 8 deadline)
- Chelsea Groton Bank Scholarship: $500 scholarship (April 15 deadline)
FOR SENIORS ONLY- FREE Dining in the Brickview
Check in with Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw House Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays before 10 a.m.
You can not sign up other students, and you can not make a reservation for a future date.
Questions? Email Mrs. Farinha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbook 2019 Update
Don't miss out on your 2019 Yearbook! 175 color pages tell the story of the year - Order now at nfaschool.org/yearbook.
Also available - the Yearbook supplement ($10.00). This booklet will include senior activities: Senior Prom, Coronation Court, Athletic Awards, Class Night, Student Art Awards, and Graduation. Order today!
Questions? Contact Mrs. Fitzgerald in room 7223 or email@example.com.
Travel with People to People to Italy, Austria, Hungary & Croatia, July 2020. See Ms. Serra in Bradlaw 8105 for information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu., Feb. 7
- Boys Golf Info Meeting: 2:15 p.m. - Room 2118.
- Baseball: 2:20 p.m. - Room 3245. See Mr. Gabordi if you can't attend.
- Business Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 8033.
- Fashion Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 4030.
- Football Team Info Meeting: 4 p.m. - Ensemble Room
Tue., Feb. 12
- DIY Crafting Club: 2:20 p.m. - Room 3226.
- Student Art Association: 2:20 p.m. - Room 8226.
- Classic Movie Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 6102.
Thu., Feb. 14
- Fashion Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 4030.
- Tennis (boys and girls): 2:30 p.m. - Room 3207. See Mr. Berard if you can't attend.
Athletics: To view the athletics schedule visit nfawildcats.org
Class of 2021 Madden Tournament Fundraiser: 3-6:30 p.m., Fri., Feb. 8. See above for more info.
Winter Formal Dance: 6-10 p.m., Fri., Feb. 15 - Norton Gym. $5 per person - tickets on sale in cafeteria. Open to all students!