New schedule and week at a glance
With the launch of our new hybrid schedule, we are no longer using red and white week designations. This new schedule will be the same each week.
This week, however, is a bit different because of SAT and PSAT tests being offered Tuesday and Thursday. Here’s a quick reminder of how this week will go.
- Monday, October 26 – All Cohort A students will be on campus
- Tuesday, October 27 – Only 12th graders participating in the SAT will be on campus. All other students will participate in remote learning on a half-day schedule
- Wednesday, October 28 – This will be a ‘normal’ remote learning day for all students
- Thursday, October 29 – Only 11th graders participating in the PSAT will be on campus. All other students will participate in remote learning on a full-day schedule
- Friday, October 30 – All Cohort B students will be on campus
The results are in!
Congratulations to the following winners of the class elections! Thank you to all who expressed interest in running for class office. And, thank you to all who cast a vote in the election!
Class of 2021
President: Jareth Tosses
Vice President: Joceline Rodrigues Monteiro
Secretary: Valeria Yraita-Zavallos
Class of 2022
President: Ross Blinderman
Vice President: Katie Bradford
Treasurer: Donald Crouch
Secretary: Jason Hicks
SAB At-Large Representative: Aubrey Schies
Class of 2023
President: Rachel Orcutt
Vice President: Alli Pestey
Secretary: Katrina Hitchcock
Treasurer: Brett Rondeau
SAB At-Large Representatives: Riley Levine and Leopoldine Bertrand
SAT and PSAT information
Seniors and juniors: for those of you taking the SAT and PSAT, you will receive instructions, and your testing room location, in your student Gmail account prior to the exam. Seniors, expect to receive your email Monday. Juniors, expect to receive your email Wednesday. Students: if you bring an electronic device to the testing room, it will be collected prior to the start of the test.
Attention Class of 2021!
Seniors: you are invited to submit a baby picture to be included in the 2021 yearbook. Send your picture to email@example.com. Make sure to include your name and student ID number when submitting. One picture only, please, and it must be a jpeg file. Deadline is November 20.
Are You Eligible to Vote?
The NAACP Youth Council has created an informative video about the upcoming election happening November 3. If you are eligible to vote, learn how to register, how to request an absentee ballot, where the local drop boxes are and more, including information on who is running for both national and local races. Click here to watch the video.
Unified Dance Team meets this week
Unified Dance is going virtual this year! Meetings will occur each Wednesday from 2:30 to 3 pm. Email Ms. Caldeira at firstname.lastname@example.org for access info.
From the College and Career Center
For the fall, all on campus, in person college visits have been rescheduled to virtual visits. Students can sign-up for a virtual visit through Naviance. Students who sign-up for a virtual visit will receive a link to attend at the time of sign up. Students who are on campus, in class during the time of a scheduled visit will receive an email with a recorded copy of the virtual visit to view. If you have questions, email Mrs. Lauzier at email@example.com.
To Register through Naviance:
1. Log on to Naviance.
2. Click the College tab in the right hand corner.
3. Click the 'Research Colleges' link.
4. Click the 'College Visits' link.
5. A new page will load with the complete list: scroll down the list and select the college or university of your choice.
6. Click 'Register Now' on the right of the college or university name.
Wednesday, October 28
• Boston University, 7:25 a.m.
• University of Tampa, 8:25 a.m.
• Bard College, 9:25 a.m.
• Sacred Heart University, 10:25 a.m.
• Iona College, 1:15 p.m.
Friday, October 30
• Clark University, 7:25 a.m.
• Emerson College, 8:25 a.m.
• Hofstra University, 9:25 a.m.
• Nichols College, 10:25 a.m.
• University of California - Santa Barbara, 1:15 p.m.