Dodd Commencement Ceremony: Rules & Guidelines
Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, June 11, 2020 – 4 pm at Dodd Stadium
RULES AND GUIDELINES
We know you have questions, and we appreciate your patience as we work through all logistics and scenarios to provide the students with a unique event to celebrate their achievements at Norwich Free Academy. Please refer to the information below for guidance on being best-prepared for our event at Dodd Stadium. Note that you will receive a parking ticket in the mail prior to the ceremony. That ticket ensures your entry to the parking area. With nearly 600 students in this class, we have focused on providing a safe environment in which everyone can participate – in person or virtually. For those participating virtually, the broadcast information is also included below.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Parking is limited, and therefore one vehicle is allowed for each member of the class. Each class member will receive a parking ticket via US mail in advance of the ceremony. Please hang it on your rearview mirror. Cars without a parking ticket will not be allowed entry to the parking area.
- Parking will be available beginning at 3 pm, and cars will be parked in order of arrival. You will not have a choice of your parking location. The ceremony begins at 4 pm.
- No motorcycles, limousines, busses or other oversized vehicles will be allowed entry. Minivans are allowed. Vans larger than seven passengers will not be allowed. Pick-up trucks are welcome, but only if all attendees remain in the cab the entire time.
- There will not be trash cans on site. Please carry out what you carry in.
- Attendees must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- You will hear the ceremony on your car radio. The frequency will be provided upon arrival.
- Class of 2020 members should be sitting in the front seat of the passenger side.
- At the conclusion of the event, please follow instructions for an efficient and orderly departure for the beginning of the caravan of cars.
Requests for special accommodations should be made to Wayne Sheehan, director of campus safety, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for assistance are not guaranteed approval.
Ceremony Broadcast Information:
- YouTube: youtube.com/norwichfreeacademy
- Comcast Cable (Norwich/Old Lyme): NFA-TV, Channel 12
- Frontier Communications: NFA-TV, Ch. 99 (Educational Access 1)