SAT School Day, Credit For Life, Suicide Prevention Week, and more.
During the week of April 23 after Spring Break, we will swap the Tuesday and Wednesday (Class/Channel) Schedules. This means:
- Tuesday, April 24, will run a WEDNESDAY (Class/Channel) Schedule as modified for the SAT School Day Test (see below).
- Wednesday, April 25, will run a normal TUESDAY (Class/Channel) Schedule
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Connecticut SAT School Day administration has been rescheduled to Tue., Apr. 24, 2018. SAT scores are used by the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) for school and district accountability purposes. The CSDE adheres to all federal and state data privacy laws and does not release student data to third parties, including colleges or universities.
Parents and students have control over the release of the score to colleges and universities from the Apr. 24, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day. If students and parents want an SAT score from the Apr. 24, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam to be sent to colleges or universities, they must explicitly request a “score send” from College Board.
1. For the Apr.24, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam, students will receive four free “score sends.” Students will be given the opportunity to enter their four free score sends on their answer sheet prior to or on test day.
2.In order to send additional scores on top of what was elected on the answer sheet, students must already have or create a College Board account at collegeboard.org/mysatandthenselect each college or university they want to receive scores.
oRequests for “score sends” over the four free “score sends,” or requests submitted after the Apr. 24, 2018, test day are $12.00 each.
3.Students who have taken the SAT on multiple occasions (including the Connecticut SAT School Day exam) have the option of using Score Choice at https://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-score-choice.
oScore Choice allows students and parents to choose which SAT score (by test date) to send to colleges or universities.
oIt is up to students and parents to investigate college or university policies regarding admission procedures related to SAT scores to determine what scores are needed.
4.Students and parents can completely remove the Apr. 24, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam score from the student’s College Board record of SAT scores.
oStudents and parents must complete a Request to Cancel Score Form, which will be distributed on test day. Please fax your signed request to: 610-290-8978, or send by overnight mail to SAT Program, Score Cancellation, 1425 Lower Ferry Road, Ewing, NJ 08618.
oSAT scores from the Apr. 24, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam will still be used by the CSDE for school and district accountability purposes.
For more information about assessments, visit the Connecticut State Department of Education SAT web page at www.ct.gov/sde/sat.
Jeanne Elliott - Director of Guidance
Denise Grant - Director of Curriculum
- Guidance Newsletter April/May 2018.pdf
- Certificate of Age Form (Working Papers).pdf
- 2017-18 Spring Mailing.pdf
- A Letter To Parents - Weds., Feb. 21, 2018
- Mental Health Awareness Activities.pdf
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Main Campus.pdf
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Sachem Campus.pdf
- Attendance Letter.pdf
- Parents Night - Main Campus.pdf
- Parents Night - Sachem Campus.pdf
- 2017-18 Summer Mailing.pdf
- 2017-18 Senior Parking Information.pdf
- Chartwells Food Service - Back To School.pdf
Spring Break, Student Working Papers, School Day SAT Info, and more.
Credit For Life Rescheduled, Spring Fashion Show Auditions, GLSEN Day of Silence, and more.
SAT School Day Information, Day of Silence, Prize Exams, and more.
Dance Company Auditions, On Campus Voter Registration, Spring Playshop Production, and more.