Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship
The Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship is now open for submissions. Students may submit an original creative work - written word, performance of a dramatic or musical piece, or works of visual art. For more information and application instructions, click HERE. Submission deadline: Fri., April 5.
Week 4 of Saturday Academy continues this Sat., Feb. 9. Report to Shattuck Lobby by 8 a.m. for hot chocolate and donuts.
Participation in the June graduation ceremony requires the wearing of the traditional cap, gown, and tassel. The cost of your graduation cap and gown has been added to your Power School account in the amount of $29. Payment must be made by April 1, 2019. You may bring payment to Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw Office at any time before April 1. Payment may be made by cash, money order, or check payable to NFA. Students on free or reduced lunch may see their guidance counselors for financial assistance.
Winter Spirit Week
- Building Activity: Decorate Your House Office (money to winning class)
- Monday - Pajama Day
- Tuesday - “Awareness Day”
- Grade 9 - Green (Mental Health)
- Grade 10 - Blue (Foster Care)
- Grade 11 - White (Bone Disease)
- Grade 12 - Black (Melanoma)
- Wednesday - Sports Day (any team, sport, athlete)
- Thursday - Character Day (individual or groups)
- Friday - Red and White Day
Chinese New Year
Celebrate the Year of the Pig with traditional music, food, games, and activities. Email ACC or NCHS president, Denial Chong Cuy, at email@example.com, or Michelle Loo, at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP to attend or perform. Include your first and last name. Or stop by Tirrell Room 7201 second floor to sign up.
Celebrate Valentine's Day with these Fundraisers
- Love Bites - Send a special someone a sweet treat. The Class of 2019 sponsors the twelfth annual “Love Bites” event.
Two chocolate chip cookies delivered with your personal message on the morning of Feb. 14.
Cost: $1each. On sale in the cafeteria, Mon.-Fri., Feb. 4-8.
- Wooden Roses - Buy a wooden rose in the cafeteria Thu., Feb. 7 through Thu., Feb. 14. Valentine's Day delivery available. $1 for 1 or 6 for $5. See Ms. Serra in 8105 with any questions. Sponsored by GSA.
- Goody Bags - French Club is selling goody bags now through Valentine's Day with a teddy bear, lollipops, and Hershey's kisses. Bags are $3 each, proceeds benefit the French Club. Purchase in room 7123, the cafeteria, or from the president of the French Club, Sandra Chen.
Student Art Juried Show
Student Art Association is hosting a juried art show. Open to all NFA students. Original artwork only. All mediums welcome. Artwork must be delivered to room 8226 by Tue., Feb. 12. Prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Mountain Bike Club Demo
Wed., Feb. 13 during all lunch waves in the back cafeteria. Try the biking simulator and get more info about the new mountain bike club. Contact Mrs. Croteau at email@example.com or visit her in the library at any time for more information.
To apply, send 3 poems to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8, 2019. A panel of judges will then select the winner, who will represent NFA at a Poetry Workshop at the Arts Cafe Mystic and receive $100.
Career Resource Center
For more information on these events and opportunities contact Mrs. Lauzier in the CRC (1102) or email email@example.com.
- Resume Writing Workshop
- Fri., Feb. 8: C, D, and E Channels
- Scholarship Opportunities
- 2019 New England Red Sox Service Scholarship Program: $1,000 scholarship (Feb. 8 deadline)
- Covanta SECONN Scholarship: $1,000 scholarship for seniors planning to enter Engineering or Environmental Studies (March 15 deadline)
- Dime Bank Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship (March 22 deadline)
- Saint Anthony's Chapel Scholarship: Scholarship varies (April 8 deadline)
- Chelsea Groton Bank Scholarship: $500 scholarship (April 15 deadline)
FOR SENIORS ONLY- FREE Dining in the Brickview
Check in with Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw House Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays before 10 a.m.
You can not sign up other students, and you can not make a reservation for a future date.
Questions? Email Mrs. Farinha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbook 2019 Update
Don't miss out on your 2019 Yearbook! 175 color pages tell the story of the year - Order now at nfaschool.org/yearbook.
Also available - the Yearbook supplement ($10.00). This booklet will include senior activities: Senior Prom, Coronation Court, Athletic Awards, Class Night, Student Art Awards, and Graduation. Order today!
Questions? Contact Mrs. Fitzgerald in room 7223 or email@example.com.
Travel with People to People to Italy, Austria, Hungary & Croatia, July 2020. See Ms. Serra in Bradlaw 8105 for information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue., Feb. 12
- Unified Club: 2:15 p.m. - Room 7131. A relaxing yoga experience & a healthy snack. RSVP with Mrs. Howe.
- DIY Crafting Club: 2:20 p.m. - Room 3226.
- Student Art Association: 2:20 p.m. - Room 8226.
- Animal Advocates Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 8141.
- Classic Movie Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 6102.
Thu., Feb. 14
- Fashion Club: 2:30 p.m. - Room 4030.
- Tennis (boys and girls): 2:30 p.m. - Room 3207. See Mr. Berard if you can't attend.
Athletics: To view the athletics schedule visit nfawildcats.org
10th Grade Honors Program - Whose Career is it Anyway?: E Channel, Mon., Feb. 11 - Ensemble Room.
Distracted Driving Simulator: Open to students during lunch, Tue., Feb. 12 - Slater A (room behind Slater Auditorium)
Mountain Bike Club Demo: During lunch, Wed., Feb. 13 - Back cafeteria.
Manufacturing Pipeline & SHIP Info Session: E Channel, Wed., Feb. 13 - Slater Auditorium.
Winter Formal Dance: 6-10 p.m., Fri., Feb. 15 - Norton Gym. $5 per person - tickets on sale in cafeteria. Open to all students!