Connecticut SAT School Day
March 2, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Connecticut SAT School Day administration is March 25, 2020 for our school. These SAT scores are used by the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) for school and district accountability purposes. The CSDE adheres to all federal and state data privacy laws and does not release student data to third parties, including colleges or universities.
Parents and students have control over the release of the score to colleges and universities from the Connecticut SAT School Day. If students and parents want a score from the Connecticut SAT School Day to be sent to colleges or universities, they must explicitly request a “score send” from College Board.
1. For the Connecticut SAT School Day exam, students will receive four free “score sends.” Students will be given the opportunity to enter their four free score sends on their answer sheet prior to or on test day.
2. In order to send additional scores on top of what was elected on the answer sheet, students must already have or create a College Board account at collegeboard.org/mysat and then select each college or university they want to receive scores.
- Requests for “score sends” over the four free “score sends,” or requests submitted after test day are $12.00 each.
3. Students who have taken the SAT on multiple occasions (including the Connecticut SAT School Day exam) have the option of using Score Choice at https://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-score-choice.
- Score Choice allows students and parents to choose which SAT score (by test date) to send to colleges or universities.
- It is up to students and parents to investigate college or university policies regarding admission procedures related to SAT scores to determine what scores are needed.
4. Students and parents can completely remove the score from the Connecticut SAT School Day from the student’s College Board record of SAT scores.
- Students and parents must complete a Request to Cancel Score Form, which will be distributed on test day. Please fax your signed request to: 610-290-8978, or send by overnight mail to SAT Program, Score Cancellation, 1425 Lower Ferry Road, Ewing, NJ 08618.
- The deadline to completely remove scores is the fourth week day after testing ends.
- SAT scores from the Connecticut SAT School Day will still be used by the CSDE for school and district accountability purposes.
For more information about assessments, you may also visit the CSDE SAT web page at www.ct.gov/sde/sat.
Director of Guidance