The schedule this week is red. For more information, click on the hybrid daily schedule link on the left side of your portal.
No school tomorrow
Reminder, there is no school Monday, October 12. Tuesday, October 13, will begin a red week.
COVID-19 symptom reminder
COVID-19 is spread mainly via person-to-person contact through contaminated air droplets from coughing and sneezing by an infected person. As with controlling the spread of other viruses, we urge everyone to take and speak to your children about the following preventive measures:
- Wash your hands frequently, but especially after using the restroom and before preparing or consuming food. Using soap and hot water, wash for about 20 seconds. Be sure to also wash your fingertips. When soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Try to cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw it away. If you don't have a tissue, cough/sneeze inside the elbow of your arm.
- As much as you can, avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Wear a face covering whenever there is a likelihood that you or your family members will be in the presence of others.
- Maintain social distancing (at least 6 feet) when outside of your home.
Below is the list of COVID-19 symptoms for which everyone should monitor in their family members:
- Fever (100.4° Fahrenheit or higher)
- Chills or shaking chills
- Uncontrolled new cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
Important schedule information
Students: be sure to check in daily with your classes. We will continue to follow the red/white schedule. The expectation is that everyone is participating remotely each day. Connections period will continue. Cohort A students should participate on Monday/Tuesday (depending on the schedule that week), and Cohort B students should participate on Thursday/Friday, again, depending on if it's a red week or white week. To participate in Connections, look for your Homeroom in Google Classroom.
Grab-and-go meals available!
A reminder that free grab-and-go meals are available to any student 18 years of age and under. Pick up for these meals is Monday through Friday from 12 to 1 pm in our Bradlaw lot, which is accessible via the East Gate off of Joseph Perkins Road. Reminder that there is no pick up Monday, October 12.
PSAT and SAT FAQs
The PSAT and SAT tests scheduled in school for October 14 have been cancelled. We will provide new dates and information as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.
Formal Senior Photos by LifeTouch
Senior portraits for the yearbook must be taken by LifeTouch Photography, our official yearbook photographer. No senior portraits will be accepted if they were not taken by LifeTouch. If you do not get your photo taken by LifeTouch Photography your portrait will NOT be in the yearbook.
Photos originally scheduled for October 5-8 have been postponed due our two-week transition to remote learning.
The remaining dates and times for portraits are: November 9, 2-8pm, November 16-20, 2-8 pm; November 17-20, 2-8 pm; December 10-11, 2-8 pm; December 14-18, 2-8 pm; and January 11-15, 2-8 pm.
Due to COVID-19, Lifetouch will not be allowing walk-in sessions. They ask that each student uses their unique confirmation code to schedule and confirm an appointment online.
Students MUST confirm their appointment date and time at www.prestigeportraits.com, which is available 24/7. Spots have been filling up quickly, so don’t delay!
Clubs meeting this week
Students, be sure to check out the Daily Notices on your MyNFA students page for a listing of other key information, including the club meetings happening virtually this week.
Virtual Parents Night -- you can still watch!
Did you miss our Virtual Parents Night this week? Our program remains on YouTube. You can find it here . Our faculty also prepared ‘get to know you’ videos so you can learn a bit more about each of your child’s teachers. To find those videos, click here.
From the College and Career Center
For the fall, all on campus, in person college visits have been rescheduled to virtual visits. Students can sign-up for a virtual visit through Naviance. Students who sign-up for a virtual visit will receive a link to attend at the time of sign up. Students who are on campus, in class during the time of a scheduled visit will receive an email with a recorded copy of the virtual visit to view.
To Register through Naviance:
1. Log on to Naviance.
2. Click the College tab in the right hand corner.
3. Click the 'Research Colleges' link.
4. Click the 'College Visits' link.
5. A new page will load with the complete list: scroll down the list and select the college or university of your choice.
6. Click 'Register Now' on the right of the college or university name.
Friday, October 16
• University of Rochester, 7:25 a.m.
• University of Saint Joseph, 8:25 a.m.
• University of Delaware, 9:25 a.m.
• Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 10:25 a.m.
• Wentworth Institute of Technology, 1:15 p.m.