We are Wildcats. At NFA, respect and responsibility go hand-in-hand.
We are a unified community: see or hear something; say something, and we will respond.
NFA’s College Fair
Thursday, March 14, Double D Channel, beginning at 8:30 a.m. (No E Channel)
Over 100 colleges plan to attend, representing two and four-year programs and military options. The colleges will be in alphabetical order with “A” starting at the Atrium entrance.
- 10th & 11th--grade students: Attend the Fair in the gym with their class and teacher during an assigned time during the extended D Channel.
On your MyNFA>Student Portal Dashboard, find a list of colleges and universities planning to attend and a tool to help you plan what schools to see and what questions to ask. Prepare in advance to attend and make a plan to use your time at the College Fair wisely.
9th and 12th-grade students: Remain in class for a double D Channel. There will be no bells during this time.
Find the altered schedule for the day on your MyNFA>Student Portal Dashboard.
If you have questions, speak with your School Counselor, your classroom teachers, or your House Principal.
NFA Prize Exams
Win prizes, recognition, awards, and honor. Compete in many different areas of academic and school life. Between Mar. 18 and April 26, NFA Prize Exams take place in the various areas and on the dates and times listed on this schedule. Learn more information about each opportunity from your subject area teachers.
Smiles on the Move
Smiles on the Move, a mobile Dental Clinic, will be on campus April 2-4. Visit the Medical Center to sign-up for a dental appointment. Registration forms must be returned to the Medical Center by March 25. Questions? Stop by the Medical Center.
The deadline to order a 2019 NFA Yearbook is March 20, 2019. Go to nfaschool.org/yearbook or see Mrs. Fitzgerald in room 7223. Books will not be available once the order has been placed.
Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship
For the first time, the Sam and Randy Deglin Art & Noise Scholarship, established by the friends and classmates of Samantha and Randy Deglin, is accepting submissions of original creative student work revealing artistic ability through the written word, the performance of a dramatic or musical piece, or works of visual art. For more information and application instructions, click HERE. Submission deadline: Fri., April 5.
Grade 11 Parent Meetings
There are two evening sessions for 11th-grade parents/guardians to focus upon student success planning:
- March 19, 3-4 p.m., Ensemble Room
- March 21 5:30-6:30 p.m., Ensemble Room
Letters mailed home direct parents/guardians to the website for more information and to register. Access that page HERE.
No One Achieves Greatness Alone
A presentation by former NFL player Jeff Hatch on his journey of substance abuse and the road to recovery. 6 p.m., Monday, March 25 - Slater Auditorium. Sponsored by the Norwich Free Academy Prevention Council and the Uncas Health District. Questions? Contact Brittany Grabill at 860-823-1189 x116 or Jodi Savage at 860-425-5643. This is a FREE event.
Student-athletes are invited to a presentation by Jeff Hatch during the school day. See Mrs. Savage to RSVP.
Career Resource Center (CRC) News -- Visit the CRC, Room, 1102
Check Daily Notices for a list of college recruiter visits this week.
- Scholarship Opportunities -- Dime Bank ((March 22 deadline); Saint Anthony's Chapel Scholarship: Scholarship (April 8 deadline); Chelsea Groton Bank Scholarship (April 15 deadline); Norwich Rotary Scholarships (May 7) and many, many more.
- American Legion CT State Police Youth Week Scholarship - Juniors --, a law enforcement practicum for 11th-graders
- Three Rivers, D channel, Fri., Mar. 15. Learn about their Accounting, Business and Marketing, and Computer Science Programs.
If you have questions about any of the above opportunities or need a pass, see Mrs. Lauzier in the Career Resource Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Involved -- Join . . . Attend. . . Participate
Check Daily Notices in your NFA email account every day for notice of all that is happening on campus.
- Volunteer opportunities including Reading Buddies or office runners
- Learn the details about the Italian Club, the Announcer’s Club, the French Club, the Spanish Honor Society, the Equestrian Club, Girls Track, Foreign Travel, the Distracted Driving Simulator, and much, much more.
Congratulations to NFA Fans
NFA won The Day's GameDayCT best student section for their support of athletics during the winter season. Watch Casey and the Sports Doctor announce NFA the winner and promise to deliver pizza for students at Tue. last evening’s game HERE. Way to show the spirit of Wildcat Nation!
Cam the Weatherman
Watch NFA’s own weatherman Cam Kurasz in a segment with Fox 61 Meterologist Dan Amarante. Thank you to the NFA Video Production class for this clip.
5 p.m., Wed., March 20, Cafeteria until bowls run out.
A handmade bowl and delicious soup from the Brickview for just $10! Students make the bowls and soup in the Visual and Performing Arts and in the Career & Technical Education classes. Choose from Chicken Tortilla (gluten-free); Broccoli Cheddar (Vegetarian); Cheeseburger (nothing healthy about this choice!); and Pasta Fagioli (Vegetarian, Dairy Free).
Proceeds benefit the Food Pantry at NFA.
- Information Session, 2:30-3 p.m., Wed. March 13, Dance Studio
- Auditions 2:30 p.m., Mon. March 25, Dance Studio
- Callbacks, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Fri., March 29, Dance Studio
Questions: Contact Ms. Caldeira at email@example.com
COMING UP THIS WEEK
For the Athletics Schedule, go to nfawildcats.org.
Tue., Mar. 12
- Distracted Driving Simulator, Slater A (room behind Slater Auditorium) - open to all students during lunch
Thu., Mar. 14
- NFA College Fair (during the school day) -- More information coming soon.
A LOOK AHEAD
Tue., Mar. 19
- 11th-grade Parent Meeting (see above) 3-4 p.m., Ensemble Room
Wed., Mar. 20
- 5 p.m., Annual Empty Bowls Fundraiser, Cafeteria
Thu., Mar. 21
- 11th-grade Parent Meeting (see above) 5:30-6:30 p.m., Ensemble Room
- 6 p.m., Mr. NFA (Class of 2019), Slater Auditorium
Mon., Mar. 25
- 6 p.m., No One Achieves Greatness Alone, a presentation by Jeff Hatch (see above), Slater Auditorium
Tue., Mar. 26
- Early Dismissal @ 11:55 a.m.
Wed., Mar. 27
- SAT School Day Testing, grade 11
- Altered class schedule, grade 10
- No school, grades 9 and 12
Fri., Mar. 29
- Fashion Show, 6:30 p.m., Slater
Have a good week!