Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
12TH GRADE – 120 HOURS
FULL YEAR (1/2 credit classroom, 1/2 credit clinical)
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Giving basic nursing and personal care to patients
• Helping patients maintain or regain everyday tasks
including eating, bathing, dressing and toileting
• Communicating with patients and providing physical
(heavy lifting) and emotional support to them
• Making patient observations and reporting them
• Participating in care planning
- Click here to fill out the CNA application - deadline 12/10/21
- Successfully pass the TRCC Math and English
- Comprehension pre-assessment
- Be on track with credits towards graduation
- Be in good standing with attendance and discipline
- Take Senior Seminar during the 12th grade (1/2 credit)
Contact your school counselor or Mrs. Lauzier, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-425-5620.
Upon successful completion of this course and passing grade on the state required prometrix exam, the graduate’s name will be placed on the State Certified Nurse Aide Registry. Students can opt to go directly into the workforce or continue their education in an RN or LPN program or do both concurrently.
Any person who has successfully completed
a Department of Public Health (CNA) training program meets the requirements necessary to take the homemaker-home health aide competency evaluation and be certified as Home Health Aide.
Licensed home health agencies can
administer this evaluation. Click here to find a list of licensed agencies.