Senior Event & Graduation Info
The cost of your cap, gown, and tassel package is $29 and is yours to keep. Deadline for payment is Friday, April 12. See Ms. Martin in the Bradlaw office with cash, check or money order payable to "NFA." Students receiving free or reduced lunch can see their guidance counselor for an application to offset the cost of the cap and gown.
This information was shared with the Class of 2019. It is shared here as a courtesy to parents.
- Graduation - Wed., June 12, 2019
- Senior Class Events & Pricing Info
- Guidance Information for Seniors
- Welcome New Alumni
(As per state statute, graduation will be held on the 182 school day for seniors. That day is currently June 12, 2019. Please be aware that required make-up days resulting from school closures or cancellations may impact this date.)
Seniors must report to their designated line-up room in Shattuck by 3 p.m.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO MARCH IN NFA’S GRADUATION CEREMONIES 12th GRADERS MUST:
- Earn a minimum of four credits during their senior year
- Earn two credits during the second semester of their senior year
- Be free and clear of any debt owed to the school
- Be free of any violation of NFA standards of behavior that may have restricted them from participation in any or all senior activities
- Be present for the mandatory graduation rehearsal
- Be dressed appropriately in accordance with graduation dress requirements
*page 47 of the student handbook Pilot says
GRADUATION DRESS REQUIREMENTS
- BOYS wear dress pants (no jeans or shorts), shirts, ties, shoes, and socks. This creates a consistent appearance as shirts and ties will show in front above the gown.
- GIRLS should wear dresses, skirts or dress pants, with flat-soled shoes. Jeans,long dresses, flip-flops and high heels are not permitted.
MANDATORY GRADUATION REHEARSAL - Mon., Jun. 10, 2019, 1 p.m.
Students meet in their designated lineup rooms in Shattuck at 1 p.m. sharp.
Line-up room assignments will be posted in Bradlaw, Tirrell, and Shattuck during exams.
TICKETS TO GRADUATION CEREMONY
Once rehearsal is completed, you will receive your tickets, including 1 campus parking ticket, and your cap and gown package.
IN THE EVENT OF RAIN
2 of your guests will be able to attend the live indoor ceremony in the gymnasium, using the special tickets. Your other ticketed guests will be able to watch on closed circuit television in designated areas elsewhere on campus.
PARKING & TRAFFIC
Traffic can become quite congested in town on graduation day. Seniors should plan accordingly to arrive promptly at 3 p.m. Parents and guests should also leave extra time to park and find seating.SPECIAL ASSISTANCE
Ticket holders needing special accommodations, contact the Campus Safety Department as soon as possible: 860-425-5590.
Parents and friends may take pictures during the ceremony from their seats. Only professional photographers will be on the turf field or, should it rain, on the gym floor of Alumni Hall. A special area for family photos is in the Navick Garden in front of the Shattuck Building. Information about professional photos will be included in the ticket packet received at rehearsal.
Seniors who owe money for caps and gowns, lost textbooks, or other obligations must clear their debt to receive their cap and gown.
SENIOR CLASS TRIP - Fri., May 24 - $55 - 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. - Holiday Hill, Prospect, CT
SENIOR PROM - Fri., Jun 7 - $75 - 6 - 11 p.m. - Mashantucket Pequot Museum (Prom includes dinner and dancing). Outside guest permission slips can be picked up in the Student Affairs office. Prom tickets cannot be purchased if you have an outstanding student debt owed to NFA.
POST PROM - Sat., Jun 8 - $15 for NFA Seniors/ $25 for non-NFA Seniors & Outside Guests- 12 - 6 a.m. - Naval Submarine Base - Groton
- Buses depart from the NFA campus after prom
- There will be space available to change from prom outfits
- Wear clothing to participate in activities. Sneakers required for paintball, socks required for bowling.
- Bring a swimsuit if you wish to swim. Towels are provided.
- Please leave jewelry at home
- Any student and their guest must have a signed waiver in order to participate in post prom activities. You will receive a waiver when you purchase tickets.
- Will return to NFA campus at 6 a.m.
SENIOR BRUNCH - Mon., Jun 10 - $10 - 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - NFA Cafeteria
SENIOR PACKAGE - *Price is $120 if purchased before Fri, May 17; $140 if purchased after.
Ticket Sales begin Tuesday, Apr. 23, in the Student Affairs office in the Tirrell Building. Questions? Please contact Student Affairs Secretary, Laura Howe email@example.com or (860) 425-5511.
1. Log on to Naviance as soon as possible and complete the "Class of 2019 Senior Post-Grad Plan Survey." Directions to access the survey are on the Naviance homepage.
All seniors must complete the SENIOR SURVEY in Naviance by April 26. The survey is required to be considered for scholarships and for NFA to send your final transcript.
Please see your counselors with any questions.
2. When completing the survey, be sure you have entered your EFC (Expected Family Contribution) from your FAFSA if you applied for financial aid. This information will be kept confidential.
3. Once all final grades have been submitted, NFA will send your final transcript to the college you indicate on your survey and in your Naviance account. This process is usually completed by July 1. If you do not update your Naviance account, NFA cannot send your transcript.
4. If you have been enrolled in a college credit class while at NFA, request that your transcript from that college (UConn, ECSU, TRCC) be sent to the college you plan to attend. You will not receive college credit unless you do so. Do not assume that the college will not accept the credit. Most colleges do. Instructions for requesting your college transcripts can be found here.
5. Stop into the NFA Medical Center before the end of school to obtain a copy of your medical records if you need them for college admission, the military, or employment.
WELCOME NEWEST ALUMNI!
Your graduation marks a special day – when you and members of the Class of 2019 become the latest additions to the NFA Alumni family. The NFA Foundation and NFA Alumni Association serve to keep you connected to one another and the NFA community.
As you move on to your next adventure, remember to stay connected to Norwich Free Academy – we want to hear from you! Please share your contact information now.