Athletics can be an extremely rewarding and positive addition to your high school experience and we are proud of the success and reputation of the Norwich Free Academy Athletic Program.
Student-athletes are expected to maintain academic eligibility, meet the expected behavior
standards and be willing to make the necessary commitment to their team and their teammates.
- We believe that no responsibility exceeds the mandate to properly educate each student athlete.
- We regard athletics as integral to the mission and goals of Norwich Free Academy.
- We believe each student-athlete should be respected as an individual and the personal welfare of each is our highest priority.
- We believe that our most important asset must always be our student- athletes.
- We view competition as a means to a healthy respect of self and others.
- We believe in and promote the traditional values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, commitment and hard work as the foundation for an athletic team’s reputation and success.
- We are committed to providing coaches who regard themselves first and foremost as teachers.
- We value health and safety as critical to a successful athletics program.
- We believe that a spirit of cooperation and support should exist among coaches, student-athletes, staff and parents.
- We recognize the responsibility of the Department of Athletics to public service.
- We commit to the development of student-athletes whose athletic, academic and interpersonal skills are of the highest level of maturity.
ATHLETIC PROGRAM GOALS
CODE OF ETHICS
ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION PRIVILEGE
INTERCOLLEGIATE LEVEL ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION
SUBSTANCE ABUSE CONSEQUENCES
CONNECTICUT INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC CONFERENCE (CIAC) ELIGIBILITY
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY & CONTROL - SCHOLARSHIP
OUT OF SEASON PRACTICES
TREATING INJURIES PROCEDURE
NORWICH FREE ACADEMY STUDENT ATHLETE PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
- Prior record of substance misconduct
- Consent to and compliance with appropriate therapeutic/behavioral intervention(s)
- Crime issue – Any violation of Norwich Free Academy’s student code of conduct or violation of local, state or federal law.
DISQUALIFICATION FROM PLAY
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ATHLETE
EXPECTATIONS OF PARENTS
INTERSCHOLASTIC SPORTS INSURANCE
DIRECTIONS TO SCHOOLS
ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION PROCEDURE
To become a Wildcat Student-Athlete, all candidates must complete the online registration process through FamilyID.
NO STUDENT MAY PARTICIPATE IN TRYOUTS OR PRACTICES WITHOUT HAVING BEEN PRE-APPROVED THROUGH FamilyID. Coaches will have a digital roster of all approved student-athletes.