Virtual Calming Room
We are operating in uncharted territory right now and many things are still unknown. Your School Counselor and Student Support Staff wants you to know that your feelings are valid, no matter what they are.
You might feel scared, confused, overwhelmed, angry, alone, grateful, or completely calm. You might feel many things throughout the days or all at once, like being upset that an event was cancelled, but happy that you can wear pajamas all day.
Your feelings are normal; the situation is not. Don't forget to breathe.
This Virtual Calming Room is a place for students, families and staff to find tools and strategies for managing emotions and feelings and building our resilience during this pandemic .
We are here to support you!
- The Power of Sleep & Meditation
- 1 Minute Meditation: Let Go of Stress
- 3 Minute Meditation: Bring it Down
- 3 1/2 Minute Meditation: Melting
- 4 1/2 Minute Meditation: Rainbow Breath
- 5 Minute Meditation: Grounding
- 10 Minute Meditation: Teen Mindfulness
- 15 Minute Meditation: Find Peace During Uncertain Times
Disclaimer: The following links are purely for educational purposes and are not intended as psychological interventions or as a substitute for psychological treatment. If you are in need of psychological help you should seek the consultation of a licensed mental health professional. *Not an endorsement for these services or websites*